Sorry, 350zHR idle relearn again. Need values please.

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan III software (NDSIII) for Android
GaryJ

Sorry, 350zHR idle relearn again. Need values please.

Post by GaryJ »

I bought a 2007 350zHR ; the previous owner managed to rip off the oil filter and then decided to drive home. :o Consequently, the car now has another low Km motor which drives like a dream if you stay out of the surging 1500 to 2000 rpm range.
I am using the original throttle bodies, but dont know their history. There are so many conflicting stories online, I'm reluctant to blame them or the ECU etc.
At first the cold motor would start at 2000-2500 RPM and immediatly start to surge. Failed Idle relearns seem have got it to start smoothly at 1800 rpm then drop as low as 950 rpm (no surging). As the water temp comes up to 85 deg C the revs increase to around 1900rpm with the surge. I managed to stop the surging but tendancy to go to high revs still remains a problem.
I am not sure what values are normal for accelerator and throttle sensors, or how much variation can exist between bank1 and bank 2 values. If anyone can enlghten me, I will be most grateful. This is what I have:

Accel P1 0.82v
Accel P2 0.74v
An individual throttle value progressively increases by about 0.08v ( linear) from 0 to 2000 rpm.
at 1500 RPM;
TPS1 b1 0.66v
TPS2 b1 0.63v
TPS1 b2 0.78v
TPS2 b2 0.78v

Thanks for looking,Gary.
GaryJ

Re: FIXED, 350zHR idle relearn again. Need values please.

Post by GaryJ »

A fix. :D
Geee! Im overwhelmed by all the helpful replies. :roll:
Consequently, the throttle values still elude me.
After reading hundreds of repitious (mainly US) posts about changing throttle bodies etc, and noting that nobody had a reliable remedy, I concluded that the ECU has poor software design. Typical of Nissan, since Renault got their paws on the great company, they have continued to produce the same failure in certain models for many years. Their satanic diesel Navara being a prime example.
Anyway, the Android idle relearn now works for me. Same tbs. Same ECU. I initially sourced the cause of the surging and then moved on.
HOODEY

Re: Sorry, 350zHR idle relearn again. Need values please.

Post by HOODEY »

Your not helpful either? How did you solve the problem?