370z 2009 JDM

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan III software (NDSIII) for Android
Zen

370z 2009 JDM

Post by Zen »

Tom,

Just to let you know that your NDSIII works on Nissan 370z 2009 JDM version. We all know JDM version lock their OBD2 protocol unlike our US/EU counterpart. I'm glad to say that so far the only thing that can read my ECU reading beside dealer consult 3 is

1. Torque App - only with Nissan Ex module bought - limited to whatever PID listed under Nissan Ex. The rest of typical general PID cannot be read which puzzle me at first. Looks like Nissan Ex enable the adapter to talk in Consult but only for its selected PID.
2. Nissan Data Scan III - I look over the PID, seems only ECM supported but its way more than what Nissan Ex offer. At least now I can read Intake Air Temp.

My wishlist

1. Access to TCM PID - mainly transmission temperature or wheel speed sensor to check torque converter slipping. BCM and the rest will be a bonus.
2. There's a thread at the370z.com that maintain a list of all PIDs available in OBD2 format, not sure you can incorporate. The guy are able to practically control lights/door and such.

Great app Tom, will definitely pay for above wishlist.

Cheers - Zen.
Tom
Site Admin

Re: 370z 2009 JDM

Post by Tom »

Thanks for the info Zen.
Would you have a link to the thread at the370z.com forum?
Zen

Re: 370z 2009 JDM

Post by Zen »

Tom,

Sorry for being late. URL per below link

http://www.the370z.com/tuning/89695-370 ... ids-6.html