K+DCAN interface

Adaptors, Cables, Plugs, ECU daughter boards, etc.
Armaki

K+DCAN interface

Post by Armaki »

HI there,
I have a K+DCAN INPA Compatible USB interface, which I am having trouble using on my E11 note 1.6 with Datascan II.
Does anyone have any experience with such an interface?
Thanks
Tom
Site Admin

Re: K+DCAN interface

Post by Tom »

Can you post some pictures of the interface?
Armaki

Post by Armaki »

See attachment. Nothing special though...
Attachments
K+DCAN USB interface
K+DCAN USB interface
s-l1600.jpg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 6285 times
Armaki

Post by Armaki »

I bought also this:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/1x-Cable-diag-USB-K-CAN-commander-complet-1-4-OBD2-FOR-VAG-Seat-Audi-Skoda-VW/303251225624?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

but i still get the same issue. It seem like it's about to connect, but the "connecting" keeps flashing at the bottom left, and the green bar proceeds in steps, but without actually connecting.

Any hints?
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

The K+CAN cable from eBay should work fine. Try connecting from the OBDII tab.

The K+DCAN cable we have not tested. Can it be purchased separately for testing?
Armaki

Post by Armaki »

The K+CAN ebay cable works indeed, through the OBDII tab. -Thanks-
How About connecting to the ECM BCM ect? Do i need to register for these functions?
I know the car is CANbus capable, since i have used it the past, so, do i need to switch to DatascanIII? Is it possible to view the android logs in windows?
I need to log more parameters than the ones available over OBD and faster too...
Thanks!

Regarding the K+DCAN cable, you can have mine, I won't be needing it.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

If you can connect from the OBDII tab, you should be able to connect from the ECM tab as well. You get the ECU part number if you are connected but the buttons will not be enabled if the software is not activated.

Most Nissans since around 2001 have CAN bus but it's not used for diagnostics. Nissan started using it for diagnostics only from around 2008. If you can connect from the OBDII tab using NDSII your car is still using k-line for diagnostics. At least the ECM does.
Armaki

Post by Armaki »

Great!
I do get the part number, so I will arrange for a registration code soon.
This is a 2007 model, so I would give it a try at some point, since i would like to have access to the rest beyond ECM, but not now.

How about the K+DCAN? let me know if you are interested.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Still interested in the K+DCAN adaptor. It would be good to see if we can get them working with NDSII or NDSIII. They seem to be designed for BMW cars but maybe it can be adapted to Nissans.

We are in Australia so don't know how economical it would be to post it to us.
Armaki

Post by Armaki »

I checked with DHL and shipping to AUS costs ~13€ including tracking. Add another 12€ for the adapter and we cam make it work with 25€ in total.
Let me know.