DPF data & DTC's

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
Birdland

DPF data & DTC's

Post by Birdland »

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have a 2007 X-Trail 2.2dci 250k (Km) YD22DTI engine, with no modifications. It is in limp mode with a flashing DPF light. After clearing all errors and 20km of driving or so NDS II shows P2002 DPF over accumulated (twice for some reason) & then after a bit more driving P0404 EGR valve.

DPF has been physically cleaned, but the DTC's keep re-appearing and most crucially car is still in limp mode. I see in NDS III (and Nissan Consult III Plus) there is a "Clear DPF data" option. This is not available in NDS II under "Work Support" as far as I can see. Does this mean that this generation of X-Trail's do not have this facility? or that it is simply not a facility NDS II offers? Could I use NDS III to clear the fault

My next step is t replace the DPF, but I want to be sure that once I have done so the DTC's (and limp mode) will just clear and that the ECM will not need to be 'told' that it has a new DPF.

Any clues or advice gratefully received.

P.S. I have read the thread from Jotukal 24.6.2020 who seems to have reached a similar situation without conclusion.