Connection issue

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
Craig

Connection issue

Post by Craig »

I have a nissan 2005 teana jk. I put car in to have engine mounts replaced. So battery was disconnected this some how disabled both proximity keys. I have had car towed to nissan they said they didn't have the gear to fix it. I believe couldn't connect to bcm. I brought new bcm. And a usb elm 3.27 obd2 and a elm 3.27 bluetooth adapter obd2. I can turn car over with twist ignition it will turn over all lights light up car won't start. Would the reason the nds2 software doesn't connect be that I don't have a programmed key anymore. I tried to get a lock smiths to reprogramme a key but he said he needs a working key would this be possible my issue too.
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Connection issue

Post by Tom »

You should be able to connect to the ECM even if you don't have any keys programmed. Which software are you using? You can't use the ELM327 adaptor with the Windows PC software.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I have a bluetooth adapter tried connecting by bluetooth to mobile phone. Paid version. I keep getting failed lni. I have tried both bluetooth and usb to laptop running windows 10 using elm 3.27 version 1.4. I'm so gutted can't afford another car. What type of adapter do I need as long term was to buy pc version to reprogramme keys. But cannot even connect.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Nissan data scan 2 tried lite version none connect I will retry I'm hoping it just adapters
Craig

Post by Craig »

Btw thanks for replying
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

The Android app doesn't have the immo key programming function. It's only available with the Pc software. You would need the Vag Com KKL or Vag K+CAN adaptor for the NDSII PC software.

Given you can not even connect with the Android app there could be an issue with your ECM.