problem opening the program

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
willlestat

problem opening the program

Post by willlestat »

Hello,
I installed NDSII on my laptop in order to test it on my vehicle (Nissan Primera WP11 1.8 QG18DE).
The software does not start. I have tried reinstalling, repairing, booting in administrator mode and start in other compatibility mode but nothing happens. The hourglass runs for 2 seconds then nothing. This is version 2.54.
In the installed folder there is:
AxMTSSDKlib.dll
Legal disclaimer.rtf
mts.dll
mtssdk.ocx
MTSSDKlib.dll
NDS II 2_54.exe
program.exe
ZedGraph.dll
Is something missing?
The computer is under windows 10 pro 64 bits version 20H2, is up to date, has 4 GB of ram, 200 GB of available memory.
Do you have any idea what's going on? I haven't seen anywhere mentioned that it version of windows is required (32 or 64 bits).
Thanks for your help.
Gaëtan from France
Tom
Site Admin

Re: problem opening the program

Post by Tom »

This usually happens when the MTSSDK component is not registered. The component might have been unregistered or the registration was block by computer security settings.

Try re-registering the mtssdk component. Open the Command Prompt as Administrator and enter:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nisscan\NDS II 2.54\mtssdk.ocx"

If the registration fails, download the latest version of NDSII software from our website. There were some bug fixes in the recently uploaded version.
willlestat

Re: problem opening the program

Post by willlestat »

Hello and thank you for the reply.
I tested the method with CMD admin but I got an error message of missing file (???)
I downloaded the latest version from the site, tried an update / reinstallation but the program refused, stating "another version is already present".
I uninstalled the old one (which was oddly the 2.54 too and coming from the site as well) and installed the freshly downloaded one and it's okay now.
We can close the subject.
Thank you again for your help.