Intake cam angle?

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
rafalk

Intake cam angle?

Post by rafalk »

Hi, I just purchased your program. Thanks for providing this great service.

I notice that variable camshaft timing angle is one possible value accessible by Datascan II. However, it does not come up as an option when accessing the ECU on my 2002 Pathfinder 3.5L.

Is there any other way of accessing this data? I know the ECU is always reading it via the cam sensors. Somehow through the advanced hex values perhaps?

Thanks again.
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Intake cam angle?

Post by Tom »

What is the engine in your car?

If cam timing is supported by your ECU it should be listed under gauges in Data Display Settings.
rafalk

Post by rafalk »

The engine is the VQ35DE. The car is a 2002 Pathfinder.

I do have the solenoid % activity, as well as the ignition timing listed, but not the actual individual cam angle.

I have a P0021, bank 2 over-advanced, after rebuilding my engine. Knowing the exact degree of my intake cam would help me to troubleshoot and determine whether the problem is caused by oil starvation, a bad solenoid, or an electrical problem.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

When in the Data Display Settings window and you open the drop down list for one of the gauges, do you have "Intake Camshaft Adv b1" listed?
[attachment=0]Intake Cam.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Intake Cam.JPG
Intake Cam.JPG (51.31 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
rafalk

Post by rafalk »

Negative, all I have is the Intake Camshaft Solenoid.

However, when I go to ECM > Parameter settings, I see "Intake Camshaft Adv" as a listed option.

I have a persistent P0021 after my rebuild. I took the front and rear timing covers off, found an oil gallery blockage, and removed it. However, the code still persists. It would be nice to be able to see the difference between the two intake cam angles to help me troubleshoot the problem.

[attachment=0]NDS2-dropdown2.png[/attachment]
Attachments
NDS2-dropdown2.png
NDS2-dropdown2.png (17.16 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

If it's not listed then it means it's not supported by the ECM.

Parameter Settings function lists all ECM parameters supported by NDSII. Whether they are supported by your ECM or not.
rafalk

Post by rafalk »

That's what I figured. Dzięki kolego.