Can, or do i use DataScan II on a UK Nissan Almera 2004?

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
liviococcia

Can, or do i use DataScan II on a UK Nissan Almera 2004?

Post by liviococcia »

Hello Members

I could really use some help from yourselves please.

I have a UK model Nissan Almera 1.8 SVE 5dr Automatic transmission (85kw Engine power), it was registered, or it's build date is 1st September 2004

Can I , or do I use the DataScan II software (or is Datascan only for Australian Nissan models), if I can use any DataScan version fully, do I need to purchase the OBDII Bluetooth dongle below :-
http://www.obdinnovations.com/elm327-bl ... ller-v1-4/

Or would a OBDlink MX work also

I can provide the vin number if that helps through the forum private messaging email

Any help would be great please, thanks again

Regards
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Can, or do i use DataScan II on a UK Nissan Almera 2004?

Post by Tom »

What is the engine in your car?
Looking at the year and model of your car, you should be able to use the NDSII software. There are some exceptions though depending on the actual engine in your car.

The NDSII Windows PC software requires a usb VAG COM OBDII adapter.
The NDSII Android app requires a Bluetooth ELM327 OBDII adapter. Like the one you listed on OBD Innovations website.
liviococcia

Post by liviococcia »

Hi Tom
I have a couple of quick questions please, I think I'm connecting ok using DataScan II my USB 409.1 adapter through Windows 10.

It's just I've notice that the when clicking 'connect' the softwares bottom notification bar shows it's communicating, then shows 'connected', but the green bar reloads every few seconds, is this normal please?

Also, i find i can connect to ECU, ABS, OBD2, but not the BCM, if I look in the Nissan workshop manual for the BCM (or Body Control Module), I can't find any reference to one or it's location for my Nissan model and year, does this mean that I don't have one for my Almera?

Your advice would be appreciated thanks
Regards
liviococcia

Post by liviococcia »

I think I've answered my own question, I came across a Datascan II video , link below
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXbTedLVMY

And it shows exactly how the green bar continuously loads, and how the 'connected' flickers, so I guess this is normal

Regs