data display parameter not responsive IACV position count

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
nismoj

data display parameter not responsive IACV position count

Post by nismoj »

I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima gle (automatic trans.) with the 3.0L v6 USA spec. (not California), I recently had computer issues caused by a faulty IACV and coolant leak. I have repaired my ecu, replaced the IACV, tested all connections, the car runs and drives fine now. When I start it up after its been sitting all night, it cold idles properly and reduced idle speed as coolant temp comes to normal. My question is, is there something still wrong with my ecu that is causing this particular data display parameter to not respond or function? most other data display parameters function properly, or is this just not available to read? or is their a bug in my current version(2.53)? This display is always stuck showing 180/200 for the idle air control step count position and I would like to know what value it really is, it doesn't even change on a cold start... or when I turn on the HVAC, defrost, turn the steering wheel, ect.. but rpms stay constant at 750 as they should in park/neutral. I can see activity when I record the iacv a/f input pulses and it looks to be functioning properly, just want someone to confirm if this is a problem with my ecu or the software (or maybe that data isn't available in NDS2, but I know the dealer could see it in their consult)

The only other display I have found issue with is the tps display that displays throttle percentage open. I have a different scan tool that will display this parameter but in my NDS2 only 1/3 tps data dispays work, the others don't respond either, it shows voltage, and I'm fine with that.

thanks for your time and help in advance, and dealing with my longwinded rambling.