NDS II cannot find my KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
ferreirad

NDS II cannot find my KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

Post by ferreirad »

Good Day Gents,

I have just received my KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 in the post. I have downloaded a trial version of Nissan Datascan II v2.53. For some reason I cannot get v2.53 to find the adaptor.

I can confirm Device manager says the "USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM8) is working properly. In the communication section of v2.53 I set the com port to 08. Nothing!!!!!! :evil:
I have methodically used Generic adaptor with DTR (checked or unchecked) while changing the Ini Timer offset from -5 to 5.

I have also done this with the Blaztll adaptor setting (just in case).
I have done this with the adaptor connected to the vehicle and NOT connected to the vehicle.

What gives????? :roll: What am I doing wrong. :oops:

If this helps the vehicle is a 2010 Nissan Navara 4.0L V6 petrol.

Please help!

Kind regards
Tom
Site Admin

Re: NDS II cannot find my KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

Post by Tom »

Connect the adaptor to the car and turn it on.
Have you tried the "Find ECU" function under settings->communication. It should be bale to find some active ECU IDs.
ferreirad

Post by ferreirad »

Good Day Tom,

I have connect to the vehicle and used the "Find ECU" but it does not work it says "Cannot find adaptor".
Maybe I have a damaged cable or purchased the wrong cable?

I have gone back to check on the buyincoins.com website. I purchased the "VAGCOM USB KKL 409.1 Cable For AUDI Volkswagen OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner".
This is the only cable they have but is says AUDI Volkswagen could this be the problem? Incorrect cable.

Kind Regards
Uenuku85

Post by Uenuku85 »

ferreirad wrote:
> Good Day Gents,
>
> I have just received my KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 in the post. I have downloaded a trial
> version of Nissan Datascan II v2.53. For some reason I cannot get v2.53 to find
> the adaptor.
>
> I can confirm Device manager says the "USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM8) is working properly.
> In the communication section of v2.53 I set the com port to 08. Nothing!!!!!! :evil:
>
> I have methodically used Generic adaptor with DTR (checked or unchecked) while changing
> the Ini Timer offset from -5 to 5.
>
> I have also done this with the Blaztll adaptor setting (just in case).
> I have done this with the adaptor connected to the vehicle and NOT connected to the
> vehicle.
>
> What gives????? :roll: What am I doing wrong. :oops:
>
> If this helps the vehicle is a 2010 Nissan Navara 4.0L V6 petrol.
>
> Please help!
>
> Kind regards

Hello,
Try a different COM port? Mine would only work on COM3. Go into device manager in you PC settings and change it through there.You may need to go into advanced settings to do so. On my system, each time I connect the cable I have to go into device manager and click on the COM port allocated the cable to activate it. I hope this helps :)

KLW
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Make sure you select "Generic adaptor" in the Settings->Communication window.
Did you click on "Find ECU" or "Find BlaztII Adaptor" button?
ferreirad

Post by ferreirad »

Good Day Gents,

I have tried finding Adaptor using generic, then finding adaptor using Blaz. I have also tried finding ECU with generic and Blaz.
I have also tried using Comm 03. Not sure what is going on.

Not sure what to do now.
Uenuku85

Post by Uenuku85 »

Is there an LED indicator light on the adapter? Is that lighting up when connected to your car? If not then maybe the cable is faulty.
ferreirad

Post by ferreirad »

The LED light comes on when I connect to the PC.
I am also of the opinion that the cable might be faulty. I will try ordering a different cable from the Nissan Data scan list.
Would you guys mind helping me out in posting URL's of where you purchased your cables. :roll:

Thanx
Uenuku85

Post by Uenuku85 »

Heya,

This is the cable that I bought and works on my 2001 Pulsar:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111206882098 ... 1439.l2649

Also, when you go into "device manager" on your PC is there a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside of it? If so that can mean that your usb device is not recognized. I get this most of the time when I am trying to hook up my cable. It did it today in fact. All I did was switch which USB port I plugged the adapter in to, after that it worked great.

I hope that this helps,

Kylie :)
ferreirad

Post by ferreirad »

Hi,

I get the same little yellow triangle, I do the same and change the USB port to correct the little yellow triangle.
I have purchase the cable you recommended. I hope it works.

Thank you.