NDS II cannot find my KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II (NDSII) Windows PC software.
toby99

Re: NDS II cannot find my KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

Post by toby99 »

Hi Tom, i just got my cable from obdinnovation, i can now scan but only through obd2 and not ecm, what settings do i use to read ECM? My current settigs are in the photo attached. Hoping for your response.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

I can not see your settings. Have you tried changing the Ini Timer Offset?
toby99

Post by toby99 »

hi Tom will send my settings via email as i cant attach the file here. Trie the ini timer from 0 to 4 but disnt work so i stopped there....
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Try some negative values as well.
toby99

Post by toby99 »

Hi Tom, Thanks, im now able to connect my NDS2 using ini timer offset -3 on COM1... Fyi Test on A33 Philippine Version (Cefiro) connects on ECM, SRS and OBD although cant seem to clear error codes on the SRS. Will update you as I test it on other Nissans here.
toby99

Post by toby99 »

Hi Tom, i found this link

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1116419,

will try it on the first cable i bought from China:

http://www.lazada.com.ph/vag-409-vag-co ... n=LineItem

Will update if it works or not...
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Ok, thanks for the update. What year and engine is the Cefiro?

Some SRS errors can not be cleared others you have to fix the problem to clear the fault.
shu48

Post by shu48 »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I am experiencing an almost identical problem. Didn't know if I should create a new topic but decided I should post here as my problem is so similar.

My 2005 X-Trail 2.2 DCI 136hp T30 came with a bent key and broken fob. I've managed to get hold of a new key blade and a couple of used fobs. I've successfully programed both fobs to the car. Only the key with the original chip will start the car. So I need to program a second chip to the car so I have a spare that will start the car. I have the key code to enter into Nds II but am having difficulty connecting. I don't fully understand all of the settings for connecting to the ECU and am hoping someone may know where I'm going wrong?

I too am using is the KKL VAG-COM 409.1. I too have installed the USB driver, and the device is picked up correctly. It's on COM 3. Now the interesting thing is that VCDS Light automatically detects the USB adapter and can even communicate with my ECU. Because it's for VW group cars, it won't function, but it will talk to the car. So I know the laptop, cable and driver work fine.

Unlike the OPs issue, I get no error messages about not finding the USB adapter. My issue is simply that it scans and scans, but doesn't pick up the ECU. Should I change any of the values on the right hand side, relating to the ECU? Any help on this would be great, as I'm scared of losing the only key with a chip that starts the car. I feel so close to having solved my problem, after spending a week researching, but have fallen at the last hurdle.
shu48

Post by shu48 »

Is my car definitely compatible? An X-Trail YD2.2ETI is listed in compatible cars but I've never heard of it and can't find anything about it online. So I decided it must mean YD22DDTI, which is the engine I have. My cable is the first one in the list of compatible cables. Is it worth trying a different cable?
shu48

Post by shu48 »

OK so my cars OBDII connector has pins 4 5 7 8 9 16. It does not have pin 15. From what I can find online, that means it's Iso 9141 or 14230. Is this correct for use with NDS2?