Trouble finding the S15 ECU !

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
Frenchkiss

Trouble finding the S15 ECU !

Post by Frenchkiss »

Dears,

First i would like to say that this is a very good software, thanks to the creator ;)

Well, i have recently bought a Silvia S15 Spec R with a CARpc Infill G4 with NDS 1.52 installed. He's plugged to the ECU.
I have re-intalled windows XP and everything on it and i loose settings for NDS. I was using NDS 1.52 who works great.

Now i'm trying to install NDS 1.62 in trial mode just to see if this new version will work but i can't find the ECU in the communication setting.
I saw in windwosXP that the USB Serial port is located on PORT 17 (not COM1: GPS or Com2: ? i don't know what is for), so i've tried to set this port in the NDS, but it tell me that this is a invalid port !
I don't know in the setting also the adress read and ECU id and i f i have to check the box of 96 model Z32.

Please help me !

Thank you
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Trouble finding the S15 ECU !

Post by Tom »

The NDSI software will only work with Com Ports 1-16 due to the limitations of the VB Comm component.

You need to change the Com Port number from 17 to something between 1 and 16. To do that go to Device Manger->Ports(COM & LPT) and select the Com Port number you want to modify. Right click for Properties->Port Settings->Advanced. At the bottom of the form you will have an option to assign a new Com Port number.
Frenchkiss

Re: Trouble finding the S15 ECU !

Post by Frenchkiss »

Success !
I did the change and it's working again...that's cool !
Thank you for you help Tom ;)