Cannot connect to R32 GTR ECU

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
skyline

Cannot connect to R32 GTR ECU

Post by skyline »

I recently bought a 14 pin consult plug from obdinnovations.com and downloaded the trial version of datascan 1.

I have tried this with both Windows 7 and 10. On both machines the software installs fine, the drivers provided by obd innovations also install fine and the plug seems to be functioning without error in either case. e.g. if I click "Connect" in the software I get 3 blinks on the middle green LED on the consult plug. Red led on plug is always on.

If I connect the plug to the car and attempt to connect to the ecu I simply get nothing. The green LED blinks as if it is trying to connect, but nothing returns from the ECU. No error messages, just simply nothing. Car ignition has been set to the ON position and also tried with the car running.

The ecu is the oem unit that originally came with the car. Car run's well.

Any ideas? I have tried reinstalling software, drivers, used various matching com ports but I can't get anywhere.

Thanks!
Jason

Re: Cannot connect to R32 GTR ECU

Post by Jason »

Try the "Find ECU" function. If you get any Active ECUs it means it's just the engine ECU that is not responding for some reason.
skyline

Post by skyline »

I tried that, it runs through all queries and does not return anything.
Jason

Post by Jason »

It sounds like it could be a faulty adapter.
Your car uses the older style ECU that requires Clock signal from the adapter. Some adapters do not generate the clock signal correctly. They work on the newer Nissans but not on the R32 or Z32.
Franjo

Post by Franjo »

Hi, I also have a connection problem.
But the ECU shows up in Querying ECU Windows´.
- ECU id0 - active

Set Port speed down to 2400, when I try to connect in the main window no connection will established.
What can I try to get the version v1.62 work with my rb20de?
Thanks
Franjo