log files are "padlocked"

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
reallywildstuff

log files are "padlocked"

Post by reallywildstuff »

I have successfully logged sessions with NDS1 (created .log files) - the files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nissan DataScan I. When I use NDS1 to look at the sessions ("Data Replay" or "Log Analyser", then "Open") I can successfully load the files without issue.

In the "Open" window - the .log files are shown with a padlock icon next to them. In Windows 7, this typically means the files are user-restricted. I am only using one user account on this laptop.

These files do not appear when I look at that same folder with Windows Explorer. Again, only using one user account here. The folder properties reflect only 3 files (instead of the correct 5 - as in, Explorer really doesn't see the two .log files).

If I try to Copy the files (from within the NDS1 "Open" screen), as soon as I click Paste Windows says:

"Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nissan DataScan I. Verify the item's location and try again."

What would cause NDS1 to put these weird locks on these files? How do I correct it?
Tom
Site Admin

Re: log files are "padlocked"

Post by Tom »

The NDSI software does not lock the log files in any way. They are simple text files with .log file extension.

It's probably the security settings or folder settings on your PC hiding the log files. Check your Folder Options settings in device manager.
Armaki

Re: log files are "padlocked"

Post by Armaki »

Hi, Same problem....
Setting are corrected to show hidden files, but the .log files are nowhere to be found.
Opening only through NDSI is possible.
Any hints?