Windows 10

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
Stagea1

Windows 10

Post by Stagea1 »

Can only connect to Ecu and no other functions work since my laptop updated to Windows 10
Re activated with new code too to see if it was that but just the same.
Any help on this would be very welcome.
Jason

Re: Windows 10

Post by Jason »

Try uninstalling the software, clearing the registry and reinstalling it again. You might have to delete the files manually if the normal uninstall doesn't work.
someotherguy

Post by someotherguy »

I have same problem. I have used version 1.54 successfully on the same laptop running Windows 7. Under Windows 10 when I hit the "connect" button, I'll get 3 or 4 progress bars and then it will stop. I uninstalled the software, downloaded and installed version 1.63 successfully (using my original activation code), but have the same problem. If I hit "Find ECU" button on the "Communication" page, I'll get the message "Active ECU test" "ECU id E4 - active" and sometimes additionally "ECU id DF - active". Entering either "E4" (the default) or "DF" into the ECU id (Hex) box on the communication page still results in a failure to establish a connection to the ECU. I have also run the Windows "Program Compatibility Troubleshooter" without solving the problem. It recommends using Windows 8 compatibility settings, but I have also tested Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP settings, all without success. Running through all the other options in the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, I eventually arrived at the "Troubleshooting Report" "Nissan DataScan I v1_63 is incompatible". Has anyone got it running under Windows 10 with all the current updates installed?
someotherguy

Post by someotherguy »

Further info: I'm using the Blazt cable. When I plug it into the laptop, FT232R USB UART shows up as a "connected device". When I go into device manager and click on Ports (COM & LPT). I see USB serial Port (COM 3). When I right click it, and select "Properties", it lists the manufacturer as FTDI and in the "device status" window, it says the device is working properly. When I select the "events" tab, I see a series of events with timestamps that correspond to the installation of ver.1.63. The descriptions of the events seem to indicate that everything installed correctly:

Device install requested
Driver service added (FTSER2K)
Driver service added (Serenum)
Device installed (ftdport.inf)
Driver service added (FTSER2K)
Driver service added (Serenum)
Device installed (ftdport.inf)

However, in the "Information" window, I see the message "Device FTBIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+A600LiVA\0000 requires further installation".

When I click "view all events" I get the message that Driver Management concluded the process to install driverftdiport.inf, etc, with the following status: 0x0.

The driver date is shown as 9/28/2016 and the version is 2.12.24.0. When I attempt to update it Windows tells me that it is up to date.

I have no idea if any of this is relevant to the failure of the software to connect to my ECU.