Datascan registration, activation and licences

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
Terry_f

Datascan registration, activation and licences

Post by Terry_f »

Like so many other Datascan purchasers I am having the same registration / activation / licence issues. Why is it so complicated???

I purchased the DS1 and Datalog Viewer Software from CAZ in Australia in 2008, and was registered by them, but even then had problems with activation. The Manual is very poor as a guide to new users, particularly in setting up the parameters, but that is a different story. Between 2008 and now, the laptop died of course. I still had not diagnosed and fixed the problem with my Z32, but work took over. Now my engine management problems have worsened seriously, so back to Datascan. New PC so loaded up software again and tried to use all of the same codes. Doesn't work. Downloaded latest version 1.63, so went through the online registration. Got through ok, used up one more licence, but software won't activate. Restarted laptop, but no go again. Went back to online registration to see if I had done anything wrong, went through process again, used up another licence, still won't activate. Tom, there is a litany of posts here about registration / activation / licences so please help us dedicated Nissan enthusiasts and sort this out - I have used Nortons virus and internet protection from a purchase 8 years ago, on 5 PCs, upgrading and transferring and reactivating licences each time without a single glitch.
thanks