Licence Questions

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
TheStigP11GT

Licence Questions

Post by TheStigP11GT »

Hi, I got NDS1 a few years ago, and recently got NDS 2 also,

when I purchased NDS1 I installed the software on a laptop, which unfortunately was plagues with issues, I then purchased a new Net-book specifically for the car only. It gets used for Nistune/NDS/FAST ect.

Anyway before the first laptop had issues I had reinstalled windows a couple of times, and each time I had to re-register all my software. When I finally for my net-book, I then looked to re-install NDS and use a licence. This now meant I used my last licence, which is still in my net-book when I installed the OS back in April.

As I only use it on one device I.E. my net-book, Can I somehow re-use the old licence keys or do I need to purchase NDS again if the unlikely event my net-book develops an issue?
Rasta420

Re: Licence Questions

Post by Rasta420 »

according to this link, as long as it is only being used on said net book, the other licenses can be re-used

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=166&sid=266be7ba842 ... c9a90e65ce
TheStigP11GT

Post by TheStigP11GT »

I did read that post but does not really answer the question.

On the registration log in, it gives you 4 keys, All 4 keys are used up, as the first 3 of them were an attempt to try and get my old laptop working....which failed anyway so I got a new one, as I say.

When you download the software, the software generates the User Registration Code, and does not give an option to enter one manually, Once you have this code you pop it in the website and will give you an activation key. which you put in to activate your copy of NDS.

But because as I say, I have used the first 3 of them on a goosed laptop, If my Netbook were to break down due to Windows problems (it will happen.... it's windows), then it means I won't be able to activate the product as all 4 keys have been used.
Rasta420

Post by Rasta420 »

during my original registration, my first key generated did not work. don't know why, but kept failing. I contacted Tom via email about the issue and he removed the first key, so i only have one showing as used in my registration details. I am currently only run it on my laptop, but I am like you.... it's Windows, it will fail eventually...I am toying with the idea of using a key on my virtual Win7 64bit in Slackware Linux, but this a winter effort that I haven't even begun, so might never happen

Rasta420
TheStigP11GT

Post by TheStigP11GT »

An actual Linux version would be awesome, I use Debian at home for some of my things, and much better than windows, I might pop Tom an e-mail.

Do you happen to know the best one to contact him on?
Rasta420

Post by Rasta420 »

i udsed:

nissandatascan@yahoo.com

Rasta420
TheStigP11GT

Post by TheStigP11GT »

Thanks