Activation question

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
morrisman1

Activation question

Post by morrisman1 »

I need to purchase this software but before I go registering it to a computer I want to understand the licence limitations.

Because I don't own a suitable laptop Im a bit cautious about registering the software on a laptop I might lose access to eventually. Am I able to transfer the licence from one computer to another in the event of losing access to the laptop or if I end up finding a second hand laptop for cheap which will be suitable? I don't feel comfortable buying software if it is completely attached to one particular computer, and you know how computers are when they need windows reinstalled or similar.

Thanks in advance.
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Activation question

Post by Tom »

When you purchase the software registration you are licensed to have the software installed on 2 PCs. Most people would have it on their laptop and desktop PC.

If any of your PCs fail or you upgrade you can also transfer the license to your new PC. As long as you don't have more then 2 PCs with the sofwtare activated.
morrisman1

Post by morrisman1 »

Thank you for that, much appreciated. That solves my dilemma. I will purchase the software with no worries now.
sadan

Post by sadan »

And how i can deativate de old pc? I have 4 used licenses. And nothing left for my new pc. E mail is simon_s@tmo.at wana have this software for my car. Here a screenshoot from the licenses who could be deledet.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-09-20-06-06-07.png
Screenshot_2014-09-20-06-06-07.png (138.93 KiB) Viewed 2282 times
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

How many PCs do you have the software installed on? Please send your detials to nissandatascan@yahoo.com