Trouble Connecting to z32 ECU

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
fr0sty415

Trouble Connecting to z32 ECU

Post by fr0sty415 »

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a conzult cable from czp for my 1992 300zx 2+2 TT and am having trouble connecting to my ecu. I installed the driver only my laptop (windows 7 Home Premium x64) and my usb serial port was COM1. After the driver was finished installing i activated and registered the software and then restarted. When the laptop booted up, i tried to connect to the ecu through NDS 1.62. I clicked on communication and then find ecu. The active ecu window pops up and completes the test, but it doesn't show any active ECU. I also tried to update the bus driver with the BLATZ driver files provided to me from Coz at CZP, R2176 Driver, and CDM20824 setup to but i still cant connect to my ECU. I took 2 screen shots while NDS 1.62 was doing the active ecu test. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (38.21 KiB) Viewed 5290 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (38.43 KiB) Viewed 5290 times
edwardtx

Re: Trouble Connecting to z32 ECU

Post by edwardtx »

I had the same issue. Try going to the device manager and update the USB Serial driver manually. I used the FTDI driver for mine.
fr0sty415

Post by fr0sty415 »

I tried update the driver again from (http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm). After reinstalling the driver, the com port switch to com3 instead of com1. I tried running NDS 1.62 but this time when i try to connect, a window pops up saying that com3 is an invalid port. So i went to my device manager and under advance options i switched the com port from com3 to com1. After doing this, NDS 1.62 was able to connect to com1 and run the active ecu test. But now the problem occurs again, the active ecu test completes, but no active ecu was found. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Can you try removeing the Auto setting next to the Com Port number. This will force it to use the specified Com Port.

What version is your driver? This is the latest.[attachment=0]FTDI driver.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
FTDI driver.jpg
FTDI driver.jpg (47.38 KiB) Viewed 5271 times
brad34na

Post by brad34na »

fr0sty415 wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently purchased a conzult cable from czp for my 1992 300zx 2+2 TT and
> am having trouble connecting to my ecu. I installed the driver only my
> laptop (windows 7 Home Premium x64) and my usb serial port was COM1. After
> the driver was finished installing i activated and registered the software
> and then restarted. When the laptop booted up, i tried to connect to the
> ecu through NDS 1.62. I clicked on communication and then find ecu. The
> active ecu window pops up and completes the test, but it doesn't show any
> active ECU. I also tried to update the bus driver with the BLATZ driver
> files provided to me from Coz at CZP, R2176 Driver, and CDM20824 setup to
> but i still cant connect to my ECU. I took 2 screen shots while NDS 1.62
> was doing the active ecu test. Please let me know if I am doing something
> wrong. Thanks in advance.

having the exact same problem guys, with an r34 skyline
Healtoe

Post by Healtoe »

I have the same problem. Has anyone figured it out. I am running windows 7 and i have a 1991 300zx tt.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I am experiencing the exact same problem with nds v1.63. I also have the czp cable operating on window 7 64bit os. Any update would be helpful as I am tired if tinkering with this thing
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

This time I use the plms cable and it worked like a charm with NSD. Updating for those having the same problem.
Terry_f

Post by Terry_f »

I need to download or get by email, a copy of Nissan DataScan for Win 7, 64 bit . I have upgraded the XP version but it is 32 bit, and I can't communicate with ECU.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

You can use the same version of NDSI software on 64bit Windows. You probably just need a 64-bit driver.
If the cable uses FTDI chip try the FTDI website http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm