Checking a/f ratio

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I (NDSI) Windows PC software.
onephatser

Re: Checking a/f ratio

Post by onephatser »

My Se-r does that same thing until it warms up. That's normal to a certain extent. Does it drop down to 750 and stay there or does it fluctuate?
onephatser

Post by onephatser »

It should idle high until the engine temp starts to come up.
Redwine300

Post by Redwine300 »

Hi onephatser,
Yes, once my idle hits 750rpm it is very stable.
As you say, I may be looking at something as a problem, when in fact the symptoms are quite normal.
Maybe it is the fact that I have a problematic gear box, and it is that, that is exaggerating the issue.
onephatser

Post by onephatser »

My 200sx s12 does the same thing with the gearbox. Second is a real bitch until it warms up. Try using Royal Purple gear lube in your gearbox. It seemed to help mine shift a little easier when it's cold.
Redwine300

Post by Redwine300 »

Hi Guys,
I have good news! I think I have solved the problem!!
After hours of investigating the purpose and function of the air control valve. It turns out that due to a faulty connection, I was not getting any voltage to the heater that operates the heated bi metal spring. Once I had re made the connector, hey presto! I had 14 volts running to the heater. Have tried it several times now and each time the RPM drops progressively withing a few minutes.

Onephatser, I like the idea of the gearbox lube. I will get some this comming weekend and give it a go.

Still, now that I have hopefully solved this problem, I will be looking at many more issues I need to resolve.

Speak soon.

Dave.