Idle relearn procedure

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan III software (NDSIII) for Android
S35dan

Idle relearn procedure

Post by S35dan »

What is the correct procedure to acheieve the Idle relearn with NDSlll? Are there certain parameters that need to be met like when preforming this as the the FSM states? Should the car be running? Does ambient air temperature matter?

2007 base G35 sedan vq35hr (suffering bouncing idle hunt between 1500-2100 rpms)

I've tried with the car in the ON position and the procedure will continue almost indefinitely with no success......
If I start the car and then click the idle relearn it will continue to process the procedure until I turn the car off and will say completed successfully....but did nothing....
What do I do?
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Idle relearn procedure

Post by Tom »

The Idle relearn procedure is the same as the FSM states. The engine needs to be running and there are some prerequisites that need to be met. If the procedure continues to count that means there are some issues that prevent the ECU complete the procedure. It could be a parameter out of specs or a prerequisite not met. Quite often its an air leak somewhere in the intake manifold. Clearing the Self Learn before running the Idle relearn sometimes helps. In your case it might be that the idle is too high.

FSM states:
Make sure that all of the following conditions are satisfied.
Learning will be cancelled if any of the following conditions are missed for even a moment.
• Battery voltage: More than 12.9V (At idle)
• Engine coolant temperature: 70 - 105°C (158 - 221°F)
• PNP switch: ON
• Electric load switch: OFF
(Air conditioner, headlamp, rear window defogger)
On vehicles equipped with daytime light systems, if the parking brake is applied before the engine is
started the headlamp will not be illuminated.
• Steering wheel: Neutral (Straight-ahead position)
• Vehicle speed: Stopped
• Transmission: Warmed-up
- A/T models
• With CONSULT-III: Drive vehicle until “ATF TEMP SE 1” in “DATA MONITOR” mode of “A/T” system indicates less than 0.9V.
• Without CONSULT-III: Drive vehicle for 10 minutes.
- M/T models
• Drive vehicle for 10 minutes.

5.DETECT MALFUNCTIONING PART-I
Check the following
• Check that throttle valve is fully closed.
• Check PCV valve operation.
• Check that downstream of throttle valve is free from air leakage.