NDS with Track Electronics ConsultBT

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I software (NDSI) for Android
madkiwi

NDS with Track Electronics ConsultBT

Post by madkiwi »

So I just purchased the ConsultBT, and before I plonk down the money for Nissan Data Scan I figured I would try the free version.

Will not connect. Fails during the INI process.

ConsultBT does connect to my phone and works with ConsultBT Scan (error code reader).

It won't work with Torque, even though it's listed by Track Electronics as being software that works.

Phone is a Galaxy S7 with Android Marshmallow (6.0.1).

Any ideas?
Elgrand E50

Re: NDS with Track Electronics ConsultBT

Post by Elgrand E50 »

I can confirm that the ConsultBT works with NDSI full version on a Galaxy S7. I didn't have to do anything special, it is plug and play. If you can't get it to work it may be a faulty adaptor. What vehicle are you connecting to?
madkiwi

Post by madkiwi »

It is a 1993 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo.

Actually discovered ConsultBT Scan doesn't work. I tried ConsultBT Test and it "seemed" to work, saving a .log file (which can't be read by any of the installed Android programs) and when I finally did get to read the .log file it was incomplete (looks like the INI failed).

I have successfully hooked my laptop into the car with a FTDI chipped serial converter plugged into a serial Consult connector, and all ECU functions are accessible using ECUTalk and OBD Scan Tech. So I know the Consult port is working fine.

Last thing I did was take my BT equipped laptop to the car and tried to get it talking to the ConsultBT. Also failed. Tried to connect on Com7 and Com8, but nope.

Already emailed Track Electronics, waiting (2 days so far) for a response.
QLDZDR

Post by QLDZDR »

Mine works, auto connects.
I did have problems with the free version but the paid up version works.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

The older ECUs like 1993 Z32 require a clock signal to initiate connection. It could be that the Track Electronics adapter is not generating the clock signal. You can test that with a multimeter.