ini failed

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I software (NDSI) for Android
Jason

Re: ini failed

Post by Jason »

That's the correct adapter. It should work with your car.
Have you tried the latest version 1.4 app? Or the PC software?
YYaroslav

Post by YYaroslav »

It works for me. Thank you!
Jason wrote:
> Fix from the supplier looks like the attached pic. It's the white wire.
> A PCB fix will be implemented in the next production run.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Is anyone using the BuyOBD.com Nisbie Bluetooth adaptor?

With ignition on only or with the car running, I get this "Ini failed" failed connection.

The units are air paired so I'm not 100% if it's the bluetooth unit or software...
YYaroslav

Post by YYaroslav »

Thor wrote:
> Is anyone using the BuyOBD.com Nisbie Bluetooth adaptor?
> With ignition on only or with the car running, I get this "Ini failed" failed connection.
>
My adaptor is the same as listed on BuyOBD, I had the same problem with "ini failed".
After modification (under the link)-
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=340#p1349
everything is OK!
OwnerCS

Post by OwnerCS »

I just purchased Consult 14 Pin DDL Interface + OTG Micro USB Adapter for Nissan DataScan I Android from the following link.

http://www.obdinnovations.com/consult-1 ... uctReviews

I tried to hook up the cable to my 1998 Maxima (Fed Spec) vehicle. When I hook up the cable and device I get a message that says:

Connected to FT232B - then the Status indicates Ini failed.

I've been a NDS1 user for many years in the past on my Windows NT computer with my good old ECUTalk cable.

Is the NDS1 Android software not capable of communicating with a 1998 Maxima. I also have a 1999 Maxima that I can try. However, with the 99 model and NDS1, I have to change the connection string option and check a 96 zcar box -- it takes some changes to usually work on a 99 model.

What should I do when I get the Ini failed message.

I'm using a new Android Moto G4 with the Marshmallow Android OS.

There is a red lignt on the connector and a green light that flashes from time to time when the unit is not plugged into the vehicle.

UPDATE: NDS1 (Lite) for Android actually works on my 1991 Q45 using my ECUTalk cable. I cannot get the 14 pin ddl interface adapter that I purchased from OBD Innovations to fit into the tight space where the 14 pin consult port is located on the Q45.

CONCLUSION: NDS1 for Andriod works on a 1991 Q45 but NOT on a 1998 or 1999 Maxima. The ECUTalk cable fits better and mates up with the 14 pin consult port than the adapter from OBD Innovations on all cars. I cannot use the OBD Innovation adapter on the Q45.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

What do you mean by "I have to change the connection string option"? What changes do you usually make?
OwnerCS

Post by OwnerCS »

To get NDS1 (PC version) to work with my 99 A32s (I have two) I had to override ECU connection ID to ED from EF then selected the 96 Z car option. This is actually documented in a PDF about NDS1 and the 99 model A32 -- somewhere. Once I found that document and made the change, then I was able to use NDS1 PC version with the 99 model. That was a few years ago. There may be some underlying difference there that the Android version needs allow an override or if it can detect that it is connecting to a 99 model and make the switch internally.

Also, I have a 98 model. Yep, I actually have three A32s. The Android version produces the Ini Failed message, just like the 99 model. So it looks like the A32 just isn't recognized by the Android version. I do not expect to make any connection ID overrides for the 98 model if I attempt to use NDS1 PC for that year model.

I have connected NDS1 (PC) version to a 97 model A32 without issue as I recall. The regular connection ID worked and I didn't need to override anything for the 97 model.

Are the Z-car (96 model) people having any issues with the Android version?

Do you need me to send you a debug or trace log file from the Android so you can see what is being returned by the ECU on an A32 connection request? Since I have both 98 and 99 models, I think we can resolve any differences and provide a product that works for all A32 years 95-99.
OwnerCS

Post by OwnerCS »

UPDATE: Another forum member confirmed the Connection ID needs to be changed from ED to EF and the 96 Z-car option needs to be checked for NDS1 to work on either a 98 or 99 model A32.

The Android software needs a preference option to make the Connection ID chance along with the 96 z-car option for the product to work on a Nissan Maxima, Infiniti I30, Nissan Cefiro (a.k.a A32).

How is anybody with a Z32 able to use this product?
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

OK.Thanks for the info. We will look into implementing ECU Id option in NDSI Android app.
OwnerCS

Post by OwnerCS »

Tom wrote:
> OK.Thanks for the info. We will look into implementing ECU Id option in
> NDSI Android app.

Hey Tom - Any progress on providing the ECU ID option for Android? :)