Various questions and suggestions

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I software (NDSI) for Android
Konrad

Various questions and suggestions

Post by Konrad »

Hi,

first thanks for developing this great app. I'm mostly happy with it.
I got a few questions and suggestions regarding the app, though.

1. The dash, although editable, is not really user-friendy. Currently you can just move gauges, but not add/remove/scale. They don't snap to each other, which makes positioning a little difficult. The possibility to switch between bars and round gauges would be great. Are improvements planned here ?

2. What really helps in Consult is that
- You can turn off cylinders separately (for diagnosing misfiring)
- fixing rpm to a specified value (for adjusting timing)
Is it possible to add these features ? This would really be great.

3. The max values of the parameters (i.e. max RPM, redline RPM, max Speed, ...) are currently fixed. Is it possible to change that in a future release ?

4. Where are the logs stored ? Is there a documentation on the file format ? (I'm ot at the car currently, sorry).

5. I've been told that the self-diag shows no ABS and HICAS fault codes, is that correct ?

(6. From a visual- and not really relevant - point of vew Info/DataDisplay/SelfDiag look a little "aged")

I know that's some points, sorry ;).
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Various questions and suggestions

Post by Tom »

Some answers to your questions and suggestions

1. The Dash gauges can be scaled, add and removed. Go to Settings->Dash Settings to assign new gauges or remove gauges.

2. Those functions are not planned for NDSI app. They are available in the NDSI PC software

3. It's possible to implement but not high on priority list. The NDSI PC software has this function.

4. The logs are stored in the Download/Datalog folder

5. That is correct. The NDSI app connects to ECM ecu only.

6. What do you mean? Examples?