Connection script?

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan I software (NDSI) for Android
Barry (NJ)

Connection script?

Post by Barry (NJ) »

I was wondering if some parameters or settings of the connection script could be tweaked. Connection is inconsistent, at times taking multiple attempts before a successful connection is established.

Also, my friend and I had modified a USB reader purchased off of ebay. We installed both a power supply and a Bluetooth transmitter. It worked once, and then wouldn't reconnect. We removed the additional boards and it again functions properly via a wired USB connection. Any idea why that may occur?

Thanks for listening, Barry
phallingau

Re: Connection script?

Post by phallingau »

edit - must have been rather tired when I wrote this reply. completely forgot to comment on first part.

I agree a connection script option would be fantastic, personally when I use NDS1 (every time I drive hehehehe) i go thru the same pattern:
1) plug cable into phone
2) open nds1
3) press connect
4) click check box to set nds1 as default app for that connection (ftdi232)
5) press ok
(status reads not connected)
6) press connect
7) select ftdi232 cable (only option that pops up)
(connection attempts and fails)
9) press connect
10) select ftdi 232 cable (only option that pops up)
and finally initializes and connects

pattern is repeated every time I hop in the car with the only exception of when I for e.g. go to fuel station where car is turned off but app is left running. then only steps 6 thru 10 are required.

regarding your options for connectivity I refer you to my post in the main android NDS1 section about afore mentioned consult port to FTDI rs232 male USB connector