Bluetooth adapter trouble

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II software (NDSII) for Android
schwaa

Bluetooth adapter trouble

Post by schwaa »

Hi there. I am trying to access the diagnostics system on my x trail t30 yd22 '03. I have a cheapy elm 327 v1.5 adapter off eBay ( the blue, translucent 'mini' type which you list as a supported adaptor) and I'm having some connection problems.

It seems to only connect if I first connect to the adapter via the torque app and then immediately start ndsii and hit connect. If I try connecting to the adapter only from ndsii, no elm version is displayed and no ecu is detected although the message 'connected to obd' is displayed.

Even when a proper connection appears to have been made using the torque-ndsii method mentioned above (which seems to be quite hit and miss), functionality is very limited and sporadic. Elm version is displayed as well as ecu, fault codes can be retrieved but attempts to reset fail, only voltage and some temp data appears to be communicated, no rpm etc, and I'm unable to clear air idle and learnt values.

I am trying to ascertain whether it is a faulty adapter or a problem with the car's obd system, or a quirk of the particular hardware combination I'm using. I've not had any problems with my phone's Bluetooth in the past so I think that is unlikely to be the problem (galaxy note 3 lollipop)

Any help would be gratefully received!
Cheers, Josh
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth adapter trouble

Post by Tom »

When you try to connect from the NDSII app do you get any error messages?

Try unparing your Bluetooth adaptor and paring again from the NDSII app. This sometimes helps clear the connection in case Torque is still hogging the Bluetooth.