NDSII for Android released

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II software (NDSII) for Android
Tom
Site Admin

NDSII for Android released

Post by Tom »

NDS II for Android has been released and is now available from Google Play store. It works with the same cars as the windows version. It requires a Bluetooth OBDII adaptor that uses the elm327 chip. Those are readily available from many Internet stores and eBay.

It provides Data Display and Self Diagnostics functions for the engine ECU. It works with both petrol and diesel engines. It has been tested on Android phones, 7inch tablets and 10 inch tablets.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... scan.ndsii

If you would like to try the software before purchasing download the Nissan DataScan II Lite version.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .ndsiilite
vanhack

Re: NDSII for Android released

Post by vanhack »

Hi Tom,
I have bought your PC version and now wanted to use your Android app on my GU TB48E Patrol 2012 model. I downloaded the lite version from google play, and was able to connect to the Bluetooth adapter.

The adapter is this version

"ELM327 Bluetooth Torque Latest V2.1 OBDII/OBD-II/OBD2 Protocols Car Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool ELM 327 - Android Black/Orange (DC 12V)"

I made a mistake, as I was not aware that the lite version will be able to connect to some data, and thought that the lite version did not show any data, and the user is required to buy the full version, which I did today.

Unforunately there is some issue with the Nissan TB48E not connecting with the android app, I am able to connect with a VAGCOM USB KKL 409.1 to a PC running the NDS II version.

Please advise any settings to be changed.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

The Lite version displays exactly the same data as the full version. The only diference is advertising.

After clicking the Connect button in the app do you get to connect to your Bluetooth adaptor? Do you get the Adaptor Version?

Also what tablet or phone are you using?
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

Hi Tom,
Yes I get to connect to adapter, but no further connection to car modules. I am using Sony Xperia Z1. I have connected with car gauge lite app, but not torque app, bit torque does not communicate on consult II, if I am not mistaken
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Do you actually get the Adapter Version?
It should say something like "ELM v1.4". Some bluetooths let you connect but can not send any data as they are primarily designed to work with audio devices.
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

Yes I do get that. I also tried your software on a Samsung s5 today. Same issue, I can't even get to the data display options, only preferences.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

You can not get to the Data Display options if you are not connected. This is normal.
Can you post a screen shot of your failed connection?
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

Here you go.
Attachments
NDS_vanhack.jpg
NDS_vanhack.jpg (114.47 KiB) Viewed 5954 times
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

OK. I think I know what the problem is. Does it always come up with this weird Adaptor Version?
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

yes, actually the second time I request to connect, it will drop the connection, then after that adapter version is not displayed, but shows "success>?"