NDSII for Android released

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II software (NDSII) for Android
Tom
Site Admin

Re: NDSII for Android released

Post by Tom »

vanhack: Have you tried on a different tablet or phone?

Bongoberry: What car are you trying to connect to and what Android device are you using?
Bongoberry

Post by Bongoberry »

Tom

Using an Android Tablet Galaxy Tab 10.1 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 smart phone (4.3)

Same result on both. I get the devices to pair, sometimes I get the model number of the Bluetooth device showing up in the NDS android up... other times not.... However at no time has there been a data connection.

Connecting to a Nissan Patrol 2003 GU 4.8
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

Okay I have got a new Bluetooth Elm adapter, and it works with NDSII App on android. :lol: Tom was correct in mentioning that the adapter was faulty.

I go my adaptor from ebay, and here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291029572855

My details are
Nissan Patrol 2012
TB48E Engine, Auto.
jgGearhead

Post by jgGearhead »

Thanks for this. I mistakenly purchased a Torque-app compatible adapter (Vgate ELM327 Bluetooth Scan Tool OBD2 OBDII Scanner for TORQUE APP ANDROID). It works okay with Torque, but will *not* connect to the ECM (as others have mentioned, it will connect to the adapter and shows up as an ELM v1.5 device). I'm returning it to amazon and am going to order another. Just to be certain, is this one of the adapter models that you confirm as working? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008TL6RT0

Thanks for the feedback!
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

It is difficult to say from images on ebay/amazon or any other online retailer if the adapter works or not. As the ones do work and the ones that do not, are identical in the online images from the retailers.

Suggest that you buy the one from the link I posted on ebay, as that supply of adapters works, from 2 sources.
mikeluscher159

Post by mikeluscher159 »

jgGearhead wrote:
> Thanks for this. I mistakenly purchased a Torque-app compatible adapter
> (Vgate ELM327 Bluetooth Scan Tool OBD2 OBDII Scanner for TORQUE APP
> ANDROID). It works okay with Torque, but will *not* connect to the ECM (as
> others have mentioned, it will connect to the adapter and shows up as an
> ELM v1.5 device). I'm returning it to amazon and am going to order another.
> Just to be certain, is this one of the adapter models that you confirm as
> working? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008TL6RT0
>
> Thanks for the feedback!

Wow. Someone limiting a ELM327 to ONLY Work with Torque
That's low

Might as well get a Un-Paywalled ELM327
Before I bought my OBDLink MX, I bought this http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Blu ... 327&dpPl=1
A bit more then the clone 327's on eBay, for what's pretty much the same thing
But they stand behind them, and mine worked reliably. Where as other one's are REALLY hit or miss
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Can I purchase from someone one of the not working adaptors? We want to do some more testing to see if there is anything we can do to overcome the issues.
Everyone we purchased so far worked fine.
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

Hi Tom,
you can purchase mine no problem. I will charge you what I paid, plus shipping to your location, if that is fair.

Send me email on siddharthp72[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk
manya3084

Post by manya3084 »

I purchased the app a few days a go And everything works great. Just a question, do you think a future version could support a USB consult cable (when used in conjunction with a otg cable). To eliminate the need to constantly reconnect when starting the car.
Rubengr

Post by Rubengr »

Hello from Spain. Sorry for my English is not very good.

I have a 2006 Nissan Patrol 3.0 turbo diesel. My car is equipped with an OBDII connector but uses the Consult II protocol.

I have become very happy when I saw the NDSII application. I downloaded the lite version, but I have tried with two connectors that I have, but does not work either.

I have tried many APP, s but I can not connect with any of them.

I have an identical adapatador the third party that you have in the V1.2 product and another version like this in V1.5

http://www.dx.com/es/p/super-mini-icar2 ... BMSm6Ndlkg

I feel the same as other people. Shows the name and version of the adapter but nothing more.

I'd be very grateful if I could help.

Thank you very much.