Cold Air Intake 350z HR

ECU dumps, maps, ROM files, log files and tunning discussions
Balko

Cold Air Intake 350z HR

Post by Balko »

Hi,
I am driving an Nissan 350z Bj08 HR.

i would like to change the Stock Airfilter to an Stillen or an K&N Airfilter Open Air filter system.
When i am reading in the Net the most people telling me to change the ECU settings. Okay i am getting it more Air needs more Fuel.

But what do i have to change just more Fuel over the hole RPM range ? or do i just need to change the base Air Map which i could do with the NDS Software?

What do you thing to do ?

Thanks Bjorn
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Cold Air Intake 350z HR

Post by Tom »

The ECU will automatically adjust the fuel delivery depending on the Air Flow meter readings. You shouldn't have to reprogram anything. Unless you hit some sort of fuel cut.

The other thing might also be that the fuel maps are overly rich in the higher Air Flow readings (Loads).
Balko

Post by Balko »

Hi Tom.
Thanks for the answer.
But what is with the open Loop and Close loop. When I am hitting full Throttle does the ECU still using the Air Flow meter reading? I thought when i am hitting full Throttle the ECU is using the Map not the Air flow reading ?

Sorry, i am pretty new in this type of Modification.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Yes, when you hit the throttle the ECU goes into open loop and uses the fuel map. The fuel map has 2 axes, RPM and load. Load is calculated using mainly the airflow meter reading.

When in closed loop the ECU still uses air flow meters but the final injection time is modified based on the Oxygen sensor feedback.
Balko

Post by Balko »

hey Tom,

Thanks for the Replay an the explanation. I thought that the ECU, when in open loop, always uses the Maps an not the Sensors. But now i Know better thanks

Cheers
Bjorn