ELM327 dongle that acutally works?!

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II software (NDSII) for Android
Fridgemusa

ELM327 dongle that acutally works?!

Post by Fridgemusa »

Can someone please send a link to an ELM327 dongle that actually works with NDS 2 for Android? Buying dongles from Ebay is a total crapshoot and even the listed version of the ELM327 chip inside is often a lie :(

I want to be able to read the fault codes from my Dad's Series 3 GU Patrol (Y61) with the TB48 motor but I'm at my wit's end as to where to buy one that actually works or is not out of stock :x
Fridgemusa

Re: ELM327 dongle that acutally works?!

Post by Fridgemusa »

So just to follow up I ordered the recommended dongle through OBD Innovations as they were back in stock and it works perfectly!!!
TL;DR I figured it out myself, thanks for nothing guys!!!
talysdaddy

Re: ELM327 dongle that acutally works?!

Post by talysdaddy »

Fridgemusa wrote:
> Can someone please send a link to an ELM327 dongle that actually works with
> NDS 2 for Android? Buying dongles from Ebay is a total crapshoot and even
> the listed version of the ELM327 chip inside is often a lie :(
>
> I want to be able to read the fault codes from my Dad's Series 3 GU Patrol
> (Y61) with the TB48 motor but I'm at my wit's end as to where to buy one
> that actually works or is not out of stock :x

In case anyone else needs one, both these dongles worked for me using this app and well actually, I've yet to find an app it doesn't work it. I did a search for Nissan in the Google Play store, downloaded all the OBD2 ones and never had issues. I've tried Torque Pro & Carista too. My dad has BMW e60, these worked well in his car as well, I was even able to do a bit of coding using the Carly app, it's pretty cool.

Had this one first, used it for over a year, $23:
https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner/dp/B005NLQAHS

Then it got stolen or "walked out of my garage" so I bought this one for $13 less but it works exactly the same, no diffence. At the time, the first one had the best rating, most popular. If I had to buy a 3rd one, I'd buy this one again. It's the least expensive one on Amazon, $10!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HXGX8V6/ref=psdcmw_15707381_t1_B074DWH8JR

No experience w/ the recommended one, curious if it has extra features or...?
My guess is that they all work the same. They say to ensure the adapter has the ELM327 chip, there seems to be knockoffs on the market that might give you compatibility issues. I'm guessing the 2 above, has this chip, cuz I've never had issues w/ any of them.