Dropouts to ECU

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II software (NDSII) for Android
dsmit376

Dropouts to ECU

Post by dsmit376 »

Hi There,
I purchased an ELM327 v1.5 bluetooth module quite some time ago and have been using the app from an Android phone for quick glances/codes etc but no long running
monitoring.
Recently I purchased a Lenovo 7" tablet running android 5 and have loaded and successfully connected the android app.

The app does not have any issues connecting to the ECU and talking but what I am finding is that after a random amount of time whether it be 2 minutes-5 minutes the displayed
values stop moving and navigating back to the info tab it displayed "not connected". I reconnect and it works for another 2-5 minutes and drop's out again.

I was wondering if you could please advise if there is any specific stability issues and if there could be an Auto-reconnection option added as I specifically purchased this tablet to display
the engine stats full time while driving.

Kind Regards
David Smith
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Dropouts to ECU

Post by Tom »

Are you using the full NDSII app or the Lite version? The Lite version will disconnect after a while if your device doesn't have connection to the internet to load the ads.

Are you able to replicate the same problem with your Android phone?

There are no known stability issues with the app. The app has been tested on a number of Android devices running and receiving data for over 30 minutes. It will drop the connection though if it receives corrupted data 10 times in the row. This has not occurred in any of our tests.