Share your success cases with NDS2 Android

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II software (NDSII) for Android
gica

Share your success cases with NDS2 Android

Post by gica »

Can you guys share your success cases by naming the adapter used and the electronic device whether a phone or tablet. Also how you guys got passes the issues with not connecting, ini errors, reg errors etc. Really appreciate it and looking forward to the info.
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Share your success cases with NDS2 Android

Post by Tom »

Have a look at our website. It lists adapters that we have been able to test.
http://home.exetel.com.au/nds/NDSIIA/in ... edadaptors

They all have been tested with Samsung Note 10.1, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 7.0
Spannerdemon

Post by Spannerdemon »

I had an 'ini failed' message coming up on my Micro ELM327 V1.5 adaptor over and over again preventing me from connecting.
It had been working perfectly prior to this.

I started the engine, and it immediately connected and started receiving data.

So maybe some of these ini failures are due to the ignition not being fully on?
Check your key position. I think I may have had it in position 1 rather than ign.
Not sure, but seems possible.
andriyaa

Post by andriyaa »

I have a 2007 Nissan Murano SL. I purchased two of the listed obd2 devices from amazon in hopes at least 1 would work.

Excelvan v1.5 Bluetooth Mini Small Interface OBD2 Scanner Adapter Torque Android (vgate scan obd scan)
Foseal Car OBD2 OBD 2 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Scan Tool Check Engine Light for Android & Windows System Torque Pro (really small almost see through blue one) $14 off amazon

First off i could get both to pair up with my samsung 5 via blutetooth. code 1234 worked on both. Based on my vehicle being a 07 and the app descriptions i initially downloaded NDSIII. I couldn't get either of the obd2 to work with it. The 1st one would say connected but that was it. You couldnt select any of the buttons in the app. :x After numerous tries i decided to try the 2nd one. It connected and did some other things but stopped at init failed. I tried that muliple times as well but the same thing. :evil: After reading the different compatibility pages for each version of nds I decided to try NDSII since it at least listed murano. :idea: I tried the 1st obd2 but it just did the same thing. It would say connected but you couldnt do anyting. Also it did list the obd2 and version but it did not list my ECM.Tried the 2nd one and after multiple attempts to connect and getting the ini fail error it connected! So i tried to do the idle air relearn since that is what I got it for. After a few minutes it would fail. After reading through the forum found out you should clear the self learn first so i did that. It was successful in the clearing. I then tried the idle air relearn again this time after about 20 sec it came back sucessful! :D

So summary of what worked for me:
2007 Nissan Murano
Foseal Car OBD2 OBD 2 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Scan Tool Check Engine Light for Android & Windows System Torque Pro (really small almost see through blue one)
NDSII
*** CLEAR SELF LEARN FIRST then perform idle air relearn
Markodonnell

Post by Markodonnell »

How do you clear 'self learn'? 🤔
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Select the "Clear Self Learn" function from the Work Support tab.