NDSII for Android released

Discussions related to Nissan DataScan II software (NDSII) for Android
Rubengr

Re: NDSII for Android released

Post by Rubengr »

Tom, I forgot to mention, I have tried several devices: samsung galaxi I and II, and a tablet and a Chinese phone and not get any results with any of them.

Thank you very much.
Rubengr

Post by Rubengr »

Hello again Tom. Today a friend has left me another OBD connector. This model is the 1.4 version. It has made me a huge smile on my face when I saw that blue status bar that appears at the top ran more than with the other 2 connectors.

But it has not completed the process. In the bottom of the screen goes: INI FAILED.

What is the problem? Not compatible ECU Patrol with the program?

I'm sure if we could run Nissan Datascan II in our cars, many owners would be happy to pay to have this software.

Thank you very much.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

This means the adaptor could not initiate connection to the ECU.
Please try the latest app version. It has some updates to the communication algorithm.
vanhack

Post by vanhack »

Hi Tom,
is there any way that we can get data calculated for instant & average fuel consumption and other fuel consumption data.
Rubengr

Post by Rubengr »

Hi Tom. I just tested the new version and unable to connect to the ECU. Tomorrow I will try to test it in another Nissan Patrol like mine to see if it is a problem with my ECU.

Thank you very much for your time.
Rubengr

Post by Rubengr »

Good morning. Yesterday we tried the adapter on the Nissan Patrol Y61 3.0 of my friend, and does not work either. We can only hope that your great job NDSII definitely can connect with our ECU. This would be fantastic.

Thank you very much.
Rubengr

Post by Rubengr »

Hi tom . I've attached a screenshot of the connector leading our cars. I guess all Nissan OBD connectors carry the same wiring configuration . If you need additional information , I am at your disposal .

Thank you very much and best regards .
Attachments
Dibujo.JPG
Dibujo.JPG (157.04 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

The diagram shows 2 types of ECMs. One is using the standard OBDII k-line(DDL2) and the other is still using the older Consult I (DDL1) protocol. I'm not sure what "Tipo anterior ECM" means but maybe that's the ECM you have.
To connect to it you would need NDSI software and Consult I cable with OBDII plug. Those are hard to find cables but I think ECUTalk website is still selling them.
Rubengr

Post by Rubengr »

Hi Tom. I've been talking to a Nissan workshop and assure me that our cars, work with Consult II protocol.

Also I've been looking and no cable having 16 Pin Male to 14 pin female to work with NDSI. I have also installed the NDSI on the phone and does not work.

If someone on the forum could post a picture of mine as a model of car that if NDSII work, we would be helpful to know that using Consult II pin.

Thank you very much for your time Tom.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

The Consult II tool will work with your car because it's backwards compatible with Consult I protocol. It tries the Consult II protocol then fails back to Consult I.
You can not use OBDII ELM327 adaptor with NDSI software. You need a Consult I adaptor with OBDII plug.